Does Taco Tuesday sneak up on you every week? Right?! Me too! Or maybe your Tuesday is super busy and you need a quick dinner? I have a super yummy 3-ingredient Instant Pot Chicken Tacos for you that can be made in advance or last minute! AND your entire family will love it! My kids even eat this up!
Usually my days end up being super rushed before dinner, so I have been loving my Instant pot for 2 reasons. One I can quickly do dinner from even frozen chicken in about 25 mins, or I can pop it in earlier when I have time and let it slow cook until dinner. So here’s a great Instant Pot Chicken Tacos for whichever way you need to cook today!
Before & After:
3-ingredient Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Author: Karla R.
Recipe type: Main
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 1 TBSP Chicken Taco seasoning
- 1 cup of salsa
- Add chicken to Instant Pot
- Sprinkle the top with the chicken taco seasoning.
- Top with 1 cup salsa. If the salsa is thick add ½ cup water.
- Set Instant pot to the following cook times: 12 mins for fresh chicken, 20 mins for frozen chicken, or 10 mins if going to slow cook. If slow cook, once 10 mins are up switch to slow cook setting for however many hours are left.
- Once cooked, pull chicken out and shred. Put shredded chicken back in the juice in the pot and saute for 5 minutes (this boils off the water and adds more flavor to the meat).
A few of our favorite ways to eat the taco meat are:
- traditional style on some tortillas with cheese and lettuce
- Salad with lots of lettuce, topped with chicken, tomatoes, and plain greek yogurt (in place of sour cream)
If you are New to the whole Instant Pot thing or not sure what it is here is an affiliate link: Instant Pot.
What is your favorite way to eat chicken tacos? Let me know if you try this!
This summer on Prime Day I was one of the many who scored an Instant Pot. What is an Instant Pot you ask? Pretty much the best cooking invention since the Kitchenaid Mixer. Its a pressure cooker – BUT it has many other features: slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer. Now you may say – well I have a crock pot and a rice cooker and yes so do I- but the Instant Pot is different. It cooks faster and I’d say better so now we have come up with an Easy Instant Pot Red Curry that is a favorite dish!
One of the recipes we love to make at home is a yummy Red Curry with chicken. In the past I would have to cook the chicken, then use separate ingredients and cook everything in stages. However, I recently discovered Trader Joe’s Thai Red Curry Sauce. This sauce combined with the Instant Pot to cook everything made delicious curry we couldn’t get enough of!
Start off by cutting up about 1 pound of chicken into cubes. I used fresh chicken here – but you can use frozen. Just run it under cold water for a few minutes and use a sharp knife and chop it up.
Dump the chicken in the Instant pot and cover with the entire jar of curry sauce! Then I put a little bit of water in the Jar to get the rest of the sauce out (1/4c-1/2c water).
If you care for cashews you can throw some in there as well – I added 1/2 cup.
Set the Instant Pot for High pressure – manual cook time of 5 mins for fresh chicken & 7 minutes for frozen. If you have chopped up the chicken these cook times should be good. If you didn’t, it will need longer.
Once the cook time is finished, toss a towel over the valve and do a quick release of the pressure. Once it has released you can open it up and make sure the chicken is cooked. Then I turned the instant pot to saute and added about 1/2 can of whole Coconut Milk and stirred it around. I let it saute for a few minutes to mix and set the flavors even more. If your chicken isn’t cooked all the way – it should finish cooking during this time. If you want your curry even more soup-ey you can add the whole can of coconut milk.
We ate ours on top of brown rice and topped with a few more cashews!
Here is the Recipe:
Easy Instant Pot Red Curry
Author: Karla R.
Recipe type: Main
- 1 pound uncooked chicken breasts
- 1 Jar Trader Joe's Thai Red Curry Sauce
- ½c Cashews
- 1 can whole coconut Milk
- Cut up the chicken into approximately 1" cubes.
- Add chicken to the Instant Pot
- Pour jar of curry sauce on top. Use a little water (1/4-1/2c) to rinse out Jar & add to chicken.
- Top with cashews
- Set Instant pot to manual high pressure for 5 minutes for fresh chicken (7 min frozen)
- Perform quick release when finished.
- Add in ½ or whole can of coconut milk and turn to Saute.
- Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Best served with brown rice and topped with more cashews.
This is a recipe that is going in our regular rotation!
Do you like curry? Let me know if you give this recipe a try!
*Affiliate links are used in this post