Pinterest can be fun! We all know we spend WAYYY too much time on there. However I have found a few good things!
For example I found these:
They looked pretty good, but so do most picture people take right?! Anyways I was bored on Sunday and wanted to bake. Not just cookies or something terrible, but something a little different! (Don’t get me wrong.. I made cookies too!)
So I made these. Here is the recipe from Domesticated Academic:
- 2 c. AP flour
- 1 c. Oatmeal (I used regular not quick oats. – either should work)
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 oz honey nonfat greek yogurt (2 of the little cups)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 c blueberries
1. Heat oven to 350F
2. Coat muffin tins with liners or spray
3. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
4. Combine wet ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
5. Add wet to dry ingredients. Gently fold in blueberries
6. Spoon into muffin tray and bake 20-25 mins.
Here is everything mixed up:
Then scooped into the muffin tins. I filled mine pretty full and STILL got 16 muffins. Pretty good deal!
Then twiddle your thumbs and play on facebook and twitter for about 21 minutes…
And they are done! I think they look pretty amazing!!
Let them cool in the pan for about 10 minutes so they are easier to get out. I didn’t user liners.
You can eat them immediately, but I also have reheated in the micro for a bit and they are yummy! The finished muffins:
I have to say these are really good. I haven’t done the full nutrition on them and they aren’t likely super great, but they definitely have way more protein than anything out of a box mix! I am really enjoying eating one with my breakfast every day. It has helped me stay full longer for sure!
Give them a try if you have the ingredients! I’ll be making more for sure as blueberries come into season!!