Does Taco Tuesday sneak up on you every week? Right?! Me too! Or maybe your Tuesday is super busy and you need a quick dinner? I have a super yummy 3-ingredient Instant Pot Chicken Tacos for you that can be made in advance or last minute! AND your entire family will love it! My kids even eat this up!
Usually my days end up being super rushed before dinner, so I have been loving my Instant pot for 2 reasons. One I can quickly do dinner from even frozen chicken in about 25 mins, or I can pop it in earlier when I have time and let it slow cook until dinner. So here’s a great Instant Pot Chicken Tacos for whichever way you need to cook today!
Before & After:
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 1 TBSP Chicken Taco seasoning
- 1 cup of salsa
- Add chicken to Instant Pot
- Sprinkle the top with the chicken taco seasoning.
- Top with 1 cup salsa. If the salsa is thick add ½ cup water.
- Set Instant pot to the following cook times: 12 mins for fresh chicken, 20 mins for frozen chicken, or 10 mins if going to slow cook. If slow cook, once 10 mins are up switch to slow cook setting for however many hours are left.
- Once cooked, pull chicken out and shred. Put shredded chicken back in the juice in the pot and saute for 5 minutes (this boils off the water and adds more flavor to the meat).
A few of our favorite ways to eat the taco meat are:
- traditional style on some tortillas with cheese and lettuce
- Salad with lots of lettuce, topped with chicken, tomatoes, and plain greek yogurt (in place of sour cream)
If you are New to the whole Instant Pot thing or not sure what it is here is an affiliate link: Instant Pot.
What is your favorite way to eat chicken tacos? Let me know if you try this!